A week and a half ago, we celebrated baby’s girl’s impending arrival with a second baby shower!
My mother-in-law and sister-in-law volunteered to throw a shower, and they did a wonderful job! For decorations, they chose to use washcloths to make adorable flower centerpieces and little washcloth babies!
This time, I didn’t need to worry so much over diet! I enjoyed the pasta salad, cheese and crackers, fruit tray and little sandwiches! And of course, the cake!
While we ate, we played a few games, including the baby playdoh competition and baby word unscramble.
It’s good to be the judge! I selected three winners, including a baby that was on it’s belly for tummy time, a baby sitting up, and a baby with full scenery around it! There were a lot of fun playdoh babies, and I think this was my favorite baby shower game ever.
While you might not think to need a second baby shower or consider if frivolous, I think it is always appropriate to celebrate a new baby if there is opportunity!
Plus, there were definitely some items we still needed. Would you believe we made it through Jameson’s entire baby-hood with just 6 bottles total? I washed those every single night!
Here are a few things I found I needed for a second baby, some of which I registered for and some that I’ve purchased:
- An umbrella stroller (this is really so that Jameson can also sit in a stroller! And is a cheaper option than the limited time use of a double stroller)
- Newborn nap lounger (they didn’t have these when I had Jameson, but I heard from recent mothers that they are really nice!)
- New diaper rash cream
- More diapers and wipes!
- New diaper bag (one zipper on ours no longer worked)
- New bottle nipples for the bottles we currently have, in all ages/sizes… as well as extra bottles since we didn’t have enough last time!
- A few replacement parts for my pump
- Bottle warmer! (a real wish to have item that we didn’t get last time)
- Another cool mist humidifier
- New pacifiers and several sizes
- A bath and nursery organizer, since some of that storage stuff went to Jameson’s new room
- I’m a Big Brother book
- Pink version of the lullaby glow worm that Jameson loves
- More plug covers
- Microwave sterilizer
Even though I registered for a lot of new items, for the most part, baby girl got clothes! Which is okay by me! People love to by little girl outfits, and while I have a lot of gender neutral newborn items, it was nice to receive girl clothing for most of the other baby ages.
About 6 weeks out from our due date now, I’ve already washed a lot, though we are still waiting on baby girl’s new dresser to arrive.
Jameson and dad arrived, and Jameson was a little ball of energy and wanted to be a big helper!
He enjoyed his cake, of which he ate most of the icing and little of the cake part, of course.
It was a wonderful shower, and I had a great time. A big thanks to Emma who took all the photos at the shower for me! After the shower, we had a very-mini-reunion with my friends I grew up with including Emma, Jamie and Tara. I only wish I could’ve enjoyed a drink as well!
And a even bigger thanks to my mother and sister in laws who threw such a wonderful shower for our little girl!